Whole walnut kernels price per kg is often high for two reasons. The first reason is the use of paper walnuts to process this product. And the second reason is the high quality and the possibility of maintaining it for a longer time.
Walnuts have many varieties. Some cultivars have thick bark skin. And some have a thin leather skin. This is precisely related to the figures used as a base and linked digit. Put walnuts in three groups.
- A walnut with a thin leather skin called walnut paper
- Walnuts with thick skin. Called so “Needle walnut”
- And the walnut, the thickness of its skin is moderate, not thin or thick
Reasons to keep whole walnut kernels price per kg
If the skin of the walnut is thin, we can separate the walnut kernels with the least fracture of the shell. But if the skin of the walnut is thick, unfortunately, it’s possible to break the walnut kernel.
- With this explanation, we need to use walnut with a thin skin to process whole walnut kernels. The walnut skin is thin, meaning its high brain percentage. Therefore, walnuts with a thin skin have higher prices. This affects whole walnut kernels price per kg. In fact, one of the reasons for the higher whole walnut kernels price per kg is the same.
- Another issue is high quality and the ability to keep whole walnut kernels for longer. Due to the lack of a broken surface, the walnut kernel is less likely to be oxidized. So we can keep this product for longer.
These two issues are the most important reason for the price of whole walnut kernels price per kg. Of course, we can categorize whole walnut kernels in two groups of brown walnut kernels and white walnut kernels. These two types differ in price because of differences in color.