The largest producer of pistachios in the world is Iran and the United States. The highest pistachio exports to the world market are also made by Iran and the United States.
We provide statistics on pistachio production in different regions of the world, which inc reported, in the following text. This statistic introduces clearly the largest producer of pistachios in the world.
The average five year production of pistachios in different countries over the period from 2012 to 2017 is as follows:
- America, with 42 percent of the world’s pistachios, is ranked first.
- Iran, with about 33 percent of the world’s total pistachio production, is second.
- And Turkey is in third place by 17%.
The statistics show the top three countries producing pistachios in the world.
largest exporter of pistachios
We also want to announce the export statistics for pistachios. By studying these statistics, you will know the most important sources of pistachios and their products.
The average export volume in the five years from 2010 to 2015 is as follows:
- Iran accounted for 40% of total exports of pistachios. And with that figure, it is in the first place.
- The United States is ranked second with 34%.
- And China and Germany are also third and fourth. (China and Germany are not producers of pistachios, which are related to the re-export of pistachios from these countries, after importing pistachios from Iran and the United States, they export this product to other parts of the world.)
This statistic introduces clearly the world’s largest exporter of pistachios.
Iran as the largest exporter of pistachios is the source of pistachios for many countries. Asian, European, Eurasian and … are on the list of Iran pistachio buyers.